Date: October 24, 2019 (Midweek Service)
Bible Text: Ephesians 5:18-33 | Dave Olson
Series: Navigating Home and Family
This is lesson three of the NAVIGATING HOME & FAMILY series.
Most marriage problems would be solved if both the husband and wife understood and fulfilled their God-given roles.When each person does their part, a marriage will be filled with happiness.
The Responsibilities of the Husband
- Lead (Ephesians 5:23, Acts 10:34)
- Love (Ephesians 5:25; 1 John 4:19; Ephesians 5:28, 33)
- As much as Christ loves the church
- As much as he loves himself
- Respect (1 Peter 3:7)
- Provide (1 Timothy 5:8)
The Responsibilities of the Wife
- Help (Genesis 2:18)
- Submit (Ephesians 5:22, 24; 1 Peter 3:1-2)
- Respect (Ephesians 5:33, Philippians 2:3, Romans 12:18)
- Keep the Home (Titus 2:4-5, 1 Timothy 5:14, Genesis 18:9, 1 Timothy 2:15, Proverbs 31:27)
Although you cannot force everyone in your house to follow God, you can be an example to them by fulfilling the expectations that He has for you. While a marriage works best when each person follows the Lord, even if your mate does not fulfill his/her responsibility, God will bless you for making an effort to obey Him. So, instead of pointing out the failures of everyone else in your home, determine to do your part.
Download Files Notes
Topics: Family,Home,Love,Man,Marriage,Raising Children,Woman
Leave A Comment