How to avoid maturity
- Drifting from the Word (Hebrews 2:1-3)
- Doubting the Word (Hebrews 3:7-4:13)
- Dullness to the Word (Hebrews 5:11-14)
How to gain maturity
- Learn to listen (Hebrews 5:11)
- Learn to share (Hebrews 5:12)
- Learn of Christ's heavenly ministry (Hebrews 5:12-13)
- Learn to exercise (Hebrews 5:14; 1 Timothy 4:5-6)
How to maintain maturity
Let’s first address the problem in this passage.
This passage is not teaching that we can lose our salvation.
- Problem 1: A professor vs. a possessor, Nowhere does the Bible teach one cannot be saved
- Problem 2: Once you've lost it you can't get it back anyway.
Other texts that clarify:
John 5:24; John 10:14; Romans 8:28-39; 1 John 5:13
This passage is speaking to the saved
- Become fruitful (Hebrews 6:7-10)
- Stay diligent (Hebrews 6:11-12)
- Rest on God’s promises (Hebrews 6:13-17)