Date: November 7, 2019 (Special Meetings)
Bible Text: 1 Corinthians 10:1-13; 2 Samuel 2:18-24, 3:24-34 | Josh Fryman
Series: Empowered Youth 2019
Close is not good enough
Your familiarity with truth does not forgive your sin.
Reasons why Abner allowed himself to die in the gate when he could have lived in the city.
He forgot his position
He was distracted
He forgot his relationship with Joab
- Jesus didn't come to condemn the world, it's already condemned.
- He thought he was safe
- Cities of Refuge and their picture of Christ
- God appointed them - He knew they would be needed, a picture of Grace
- God's word announced the cities (Joshua 20:7)
- Anyone could access them - the way to the cities was to be clear
- Christ is better than the cities of refuge
- We need Christ's help
- We need to get in Christ and stay!
- The Cities
- Kedesh: Righteousness
- Shechem: Shoulder - Jesus our rest and strength
- Hebron: Fellowship
- Bezer: Fortress (Psalm 61:2)
- Ramoth: Exalted
- Golan: Separated (Colossians 1:18)
Christ does not stand out in the crowd, He stands above the crowd!
Topics: Apathy,Attack,Church,Determination,Holiness,Hope,Jesus Christ,Life,Purpose,Relationship with God,Sacrifice,Separation,Sin,Soldiers,Walking worthy
Leave A Comment