Four Essential Freedoms of Being Baptists: Bible Freedom
Man’s Definition of Freedom:
- the right to be and do as you please
Definition of Bible Freedom:
- the Bible under the Lordship of Christ is central in the life of the individual and the church
Four Essential Freedoms of Being Baptists:
- The Biblical basis of this freedom
- Baptist do not have a monopoly on the Bible. We don’t have a “Baptist Bible.”
- Scriptures claim to be authoritative, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Scriptures claim to bring freedom, Luke 4:18-21, John 8:32-36, Romans 6:18-22, 2 Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:1-13
- The Biblical evidence of this freedom
- We believe the Bible to be divinely inspired
- We believe that the Bible is divinely preserved for us.
- We believe that the Bible is the basis of our doctrines, it is the basis of our principles for life’s living; it is the basis for proper conduct in this world
- The practical attack of this freedom
- We disdain any attempt to destroy the Scriptures
- We gladly take any stand associated with strict adherence to Scripture.
- We hold to Scriptural doctrines and definitions for practical living.