Lesson 4: God’s Plan for Marriage
This is lesson four of the NAVIGATING HOME & FAMILY series.
- The Witness of the First Marriage (Genesis 2:21-25)
- The Testimony of Christ on Marriage (Matthew 19:3-9)
- The Historical Positions of the Church
- It is always God's will for marriage to be permanent.
- God allows exceptions in the case of adultery.
- The Problem of Sin in Marriage
- Church Policy for those Desiring to be Married
- Purity of the Body (Hebrews 13)
- Adultery Violates a Sacred Commitment
- Adultery Destroys a Sacred Trust
- Adultery pollutes a Sacred Union
- Purity of the Mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
- Guard the Mind
- Direct the Mind
- Renew the Mind
- Humble the Mind
- The husband and wife relationship is the first relationship.
- The marriage is the foremost relationship.
- A Marriage should be Advancing
- A Marriage should be Producing
- It produces children.
- It produces financial soundness in the home.
- It produces love.
- It produces strong churches.
- A Marriage should be Serving
Procreate (Genesis 1:27-28)
Parallel (teamwork) - A Study on Aquila and Priscilla
I Corinthians 16:19
II Timothy 4:19