Date: May 23, 2021 (Sunday AM)
Bible Text: | Steve Damron
Hamartiology: The Seven-Fold Victory Over Sin Through Christ
Opening text and thought: Revelation 12:10-11; Hebrews 2:14-15
“Outside of Christ, I am only a sinner, but in Christ, I am saved. Outside of Christ, I am empty; in Christ, I am full. Outside of Christ, I am weak; in Christ, I am strong. Outside of Christ, I cannot; in Christ, I am more than able. Outside of Christ,I have been defeated; in Christ, I am already victorious. How meaningful are the words, ‘in Christ’.” (Watchman Nee)
- Why does God allow sin?
- Allows us to understand the amazing grace of God
- How Christ has defeated sin?
- Sin defiles, but Christ cleanses. (I John 1:9; I Thessalonians 5:23)
- Sin brings captivity, but Christ brings freedom. (Revelation 1:5; John 10:28; Romans 8:2)
- Sin destroys, but Christ regenerates us. (II Corinthians 5:17; Jeremiah 18:1-4; Ephesians 4:22)
- Sin fills with, but Christ bring. (John 14:6; John 16:13; Ephesians 4:21; III John 4)
- Sin leaves one blind and in darkness, but Christ brings light into the world.(John 1:5, 9; John 3:19; John 9:5; Colossians 1:13)
“Nothing paralyzes our lives like the attitude that things can never change. We need to remind ourselves that God can change things. Outlook determines outcome. If we see only the problems, we will be defeated; but if we see the possibilities in the problems, we can have victory.” (Warren Wiersbe)