Date: May 23, 2021
Bible Text: | Steve Damron
Hamartiology: The Seven-Fold Victory Over Sin Through Christ
Opening text and thought: Revelation 12:10-11; Hebrews 2:14-15
“Outside of Christ, I am only a sinner, but in Christ, I am saved. Outside of Christ, I am empty; in Christ, I am full. Outside of Christ, I am weak; in Christ, I am strong. Outside of Christ, I cannot; in Christ, I am more than able. Outside of Christ,I have been defeated; in Christ, I am already victorious. How meaningful are the words, ‘in Christ’.” (Watchman Nee)
- Why does God allow sin?
- Experience God's amazing grace
- To become dependent on his Spirit
- Are all sins equal?
- All sins are equal in separation of standing with God
- All sins are not equal in that all do not carry the same consequences
- How Christ has defeated sin?
- Sin brings an emptiness to the life and soul, but Christ brings fulfillment and satisfaction. (Luke 1:53)
- Sin brings ultimate destruction, but in Christ there is victory. (Romans 8:31-39; I Corinthians 15:54-57; II Corinthians 2:14; I John 5:4)
- See Part -4 for first five ways
“Nothing paralyzes our lives like the attitude that things can never change. We need to remind ourselves that God can change things. Outlook determines outcome. If we see only the problems, we will be defeated; but if we see the possibilities in the problems, we can have victory.” (Warren Wiersbe)