Date: November 24, 2019 (Sunday PM)
Bible Text: Genesis 40:1-23 | Rodger Bottrell
Living your life in Three Days:
Our whole life must be lived in the remainder of time that we have left. Here is a man that only has 3 days left. What will he do with them?
When I think of 3 days, my mind goes to many times in the Bible where we see things involved around 3 days:
- Moses asked Pharaoh to let the Israelites go a three days journey into the wilderness. Ex. 3:18
- There were three days of darkness upon the land of Egypt during the days of the plagues. Ex. 10:22
- There were three days preparation for Joshua to cross the Jordan River. Josh 1:11
- Samson gave the Philistines three days to solve his riddle.
- Nehemiah came back to Jerusalem and after three days he surveyed the walls of the city
- Jonah was in the whale’s belly for three days and three nights.
- Jesus was in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights.
- Jesus promised to rebuild the temple in 3 days. He was talking about the resurrection on the third day.
- Jesus as a boy was in the temple 3 days with the doctors.
- Paul was three days without sight when he got saved.
- During the tribulation the bodies of the two prophets will lay in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 ½ days
If the Doctor told you, “You have 3 days to live.” You would begin acting fast. It’s pretty hard to cram a whole lifetime into just 3 days.
WHATEVER WE DO WILL HAVE TO BE DONE NOW
- Time cannot be wasted
- It is quite likely that someone that we make contact with may die the 3 days. We can’t afford to waste time.
- John 9:4 “I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work?
- Jeremiah tells us “The harvest is past, the summer is ended and we are not saved. Jer. 8:20
What must we do?Little time is left, Jesus is coming.
- We must work together. Each ministry is for the purpose of winning souls to Christ. If there is any other purpose, it is a wrong purpose.
- Nursery must cooperate with the choir
- Choir must cooperate with the Sunday School
- The Sunday School must cooperate with the church.
- All ministries must cooperate with the general beat of the church – Winning Souls
- We must have busy people,
- Busy people are the happiest
- Busy people complain less.
- Busy people get things done.
Whatever we do should be fore the people around us.
- Jesus died for every person. Whosoever will may be saved.
- Our main effort should be to bring this community to Christ.
- We must send missionaries, but we must also take the gospel to this community. Every soul, every person.
- What about the block you live on
- Who will reach your block?
- Will your neighbors be in heaven?
What about your Job?
- Your job is not just a place to work, It is a mission field. You may be their only hope. If you fail them, they may go to Hell.
- What about your Family: Is every member of your family saved? If any of them are lost, you must reach them.
- The Gospel must be spread to this community.
- We must do the best we can with the crew we have
Benjamin Franklin said, “Doest thou love life? Then do not squander time; for that ‘s the stuff life is made of.”
- How are you using yours?
- Life is a vapor
- Life is a shadow
- Life is like a wavers shuttle
- Each of us will one day find our way to a cemetery.
- It won’t take the engraver long to place the Dash there, but it will represent our entire life. Our lives will be reduced to a single dash.
Philosopher William James said, “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.”
What is there on your to do list in the next 12 months that will make it into eternity?
History points to great preachers during the Great Awakening that brought the marvelous working of God upon this nation.
- Jonathan Edwards - Age 55
- George Whitefield - Age 56
- Samuel Davies - Age 38
- Evangelist Sam Jones - Age 59
- D. L. Moody - Age 62
- Charles Spurgeon - Age 57