Date: February 20, 2020 (Midweek Service)
Bible Text: | Dan Armacost
Series: Navigating Home and Family
It takes time to build something worthwhile
- Bible verse– “Till we all come in ... the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ” (Ephesians 4:13).
- Bible account– The account of the growth of the church of Philippi in Acts 16
Discern the difference between flattery and genuine encouragement
- Bible verse –“... a flattering mouth worketh ruin” (Proverbs 26:28).
- Bible account –The account of Barnabas and Saul in Acts 9:1-31
There are talkers and there are doers
- Bible verse– “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves” (James 1:22).
- Bible account– The account of the Parable of the Two Sons in Matthew 21:28-32
There is activity and there is accomplishment, and they are not the same thing
- Bible verse– “Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work” (John 4:34).
- Bible account– The account of slothful/diligent men in Proverbs 12:27
- Truth illustrated– Idea, Planning, Execution, Reward
A good friend fears and follows God
- Bible verse –“I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts” (Psalms 119:63).
- Bible account –The account of Amnon and Jonadabin 2 Samuel 13
- Truth illustrated–