Date: November 3, 2019 (Sunday PM)
Bible Text: Jonah 3-4:1 | Archie Parrish
How Bitterness Begins
- Bitterness is rooted from dissatisfaction in one's life
Foundations of bitterness
- God's will vs. my will
- God's will for everyone is found inside His Word
- Jonah was angry about God's will for his life (Jonah 4:1)
The Focus of bitterness
- Focused completely on self even if the dilemma is justified
- "I'm the victim" complex is implied
- It is used as an excuse to blame God
The Foolishness of bitterness
- The foolish philosophy of Life
- "The only thing worth living for is what fulfills our desires"
- The foolish philosophy of death
- "Death is better than a world where things are done God's way"
- "I'd rather die in my will, than live in God's will"