Date: January 9, 2020 (Midweek Service)
Bible Text: | Clint Schreiber
Mary, The 'Mother of God'
- Worship of Mary makes the sacrifice and blood of Christ of no effect, and puts her into His place.
- Immaculate Conception - Mary herself was miraculously conceived without sin
- Perpetual virginity - was always a virgin
- Assumption - Never died
- Many are Catholic because it is convenient
- Mary is given the place belonging to Christ (called the Mediatrix) - 1 Timothy 2:5; John 14:6
- Mary is glorified more than Christ - Acts 4:12
- Mary is the gate to Heaven instead of Christ - John 10:9
- Mary is given the power of Christ - Matthew 28:18; Colossians 1:18
- She is the peacemaker (instead of Jesus Christ our peace) - Ephesians 2:13-14; John 16:23-24