Date: October 20, 2019 (Sunday AM)
Bible Text: Hebrews 3:13 | Steve Damron
Series: Book Study of Hebrews
One of the main themes of the book of Hebrews is that Christ is better. We saw this idea when we started our look at the book. Let’s consider a few of the ways that Christ is better.
- Christ is better than the angels
- Christ offers a better salvation
- Christ is a better helper
- Christ is better than Moses
Another important aspect of the book of Hebrews is the warnings that are dispersed throughout the book.
- Chapter 2 – the danger of drifting
- Chapters 3-4 – the danger of not entering into rest
- Chapters 5-6 – the danger of not going on to maturity
- Chapter 10 – the danger of willful sin.
- Chapter 12 – the danger of indifference
The Problem of Sin
The Devil wants us to think we are "not that bad"
All of us are faced with sin
The Power of Sin
- Pass over (the Holy Spirit's working)
- Put down (hardening the heart to sin and it's effects)
The Progression of Sin
- How to develop a hardened heart
- Erring heart of ignoring God's ways
- Evil heart of unbelief
The Prevailing over Sin
- Daily exhortation (Hebrews 3:13)
- Biblical introspection (Hebrews 4:12-13)
- Bold supplication (Hebrews 4:14-16)