Date: December 12, 2019 (Midweek Service)
Bible Text: Galatians 4:4-5; Ruth 3 | Kyle Allen
Lessons from Ruth's redemption
The Approach to Redemption
She had to go to the threshingfloor
- To the right one
- Required action
Had to come herself
- Mom couldn't go for her
- She understood her place (came humbly)
The Appeal of Redemption
- His job was well done
- Total reliance
The Answer of Redemption
- She had worries, no right to ask
- He had no hesitance, gave an immediate answer
- He had already decided. Salvation is already decided. We ask, the answer is yes!
The Act of Redemption
- Boaz first had to satisfy the requirements of the law
- To purchase salvation, somebody had to die.
- Christ came at Christmas to pay that price for us!
It was a one-sided work
- Boaz had to put life on hold to take care of her, would not rest until he had finished.
- Christ came and finished what He came to do.
- She was an outsider, nobody, but then Boaz redeemed her. We are the same, but Jesus redeemed us!